So, there is so much to blog in my world right now, but most of them require me to edit photos and I'm not in a photo editing mood right now. So for this post I want to take a minute and analyze why I blog, vs why maybe others do.
I want to do this so people can understand my purpose. They can decide by understanding my purpose why I have this blog and decide if they want to read it or not. I've had a lot of friends do this and I admire them for being honest about their purpose in all of it. In reading these from others, I have come to realize that we all have different purposes for the same thing. Several times the same point has come up in several of the blogs I read's complaints about blogs. It really took me back. I think I understand what they are saying, but my outlook is a little different. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I'm okay with the difference and though they may not feel my purpose is right for them, and they may not want to read mine, it's okay. I can still like what theirs brings to my life and read it for what it is when that's what I need in my life. I really hope I don't offend anyone with this post. That is not my intent. But I do want to share a couple of opinions. I do understand these are my opinion and it's okay for them to differ from some of yours. That's what makes us all great. The comment that has come out multiple times is said in different ways, but basically, "get real, stop having all blogs out there be about how perfect your life is, a continuous Christmas card of how great your life is. Tell the truth about things." I think I understand though for me I don't agree. First, I love those Christmas cards when parents get to brag about what great things their kids are doing and what's going on in their life. I think we all should have a place and chance to brag about those things we are proud of and I hope that those who love and care about me as a person, and are truly my friends will understand that I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone because....but here are my blessings I want to share them with those I love. Second, I have found I can do one of two things in my life. I can focus on all those things that drive me crazy and cause me stress and make me want to cry, or I can focus on my blessing and feel happier inside. This isn't to say that that my life is all roses. Noone's life is. But just because I use my blog to share those things that I like in my life, a place to reflect on my blessings, doesn't mean I believe that nothing really bad happens in my life. I have found that the more I focus on those things wrong the worse I feel and the more I notice. The more I focus on my blessings, the better I feel and the more I notice, and the less the other things seem to matter as much to me. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, and it's not to say I don't complain, just for me this isn't the place most the time I choose to do it. Lastly, the other purpose for my blog to for those family who are not close. (that is the majority of our family) so they can come on it and see regular updates of our family and pictures all the time, yet I'm not nagging them with e-mails saying, look at us, look at us. They know where they can come and can choose to look. However often or seldom is up to them. I don't keep track at this point of who looks when it's just their when they are. The other blog I have is my photography blog kimnevelsphotography.blogspot.com The purpose of that blog is a place for people who are interested in that other part of my life, or are looking to decide if I'm the right photographer for them, to see my skill and style. So with that in mind it shows that many blogs have different purposes and that's okay with me. I love reading a blog that's all about making me laugh like cakewrecks or seriously so blessed. I enjoy reading a blog which is more about discussions on topics and people's thoughts. I enjoy reading about the "real" life of friends, their, ups and downs, their sane and craziness a place for them to vent those things that need to be vented. Just because those aren't what my blog is about doesn't mean that I don't like their blogs. We are all different and our purposes for our blogs are different so we should embrace those differences. And understand that we are going to read those things that interest us at the time. There are times my life is busy and it's possibly weeks or months before I look at a blog which is typically about just making me laugh for example. Or when my life is really stressful I may not take my time to read a blog about peoples views on current issues, as I need to destress as much as possible during that time. But then my life will change and I'll want those again. Just like at times as I'm posting multiple posts of pictures and things for those who don't get to see my kids and want to, others may not read my blog for a while and that's okay too!
So that's just my two cents on the subject. Please don't anyone be offended. And if you are, well maybe it's time to take a breather from my blog as it's not likely what you need in your life right now.
If I do offend you, let me know, as I can't help you understand and let our friendship work through it if you don't tell me I've offended you. Maybe I could say something different or in a different way to be a little less offensive.
6 comments:
Here, Here!
I agree, I have read many different types of blogs and me myself have 6 different blogs that I contribute to because they all have their own purpose. I love having the options depending on the week that I am having on what kind of blog will help me get through that week. Maybe I am having a bad week and want to read someone elses bad week just to prove I am not the only one struggling or maybe I want to see how creative and talented families are in their way of entertaining each other. Thanks for your blog Kim, it has enlightened me from time to time also. Anyways if we all wrote about the same things then there wouldn't be any reason to read others.
Amen sister! I think I blog for the same reasons you do. Plus, since this is my family journal, I want to remember all the good and fun we have together, not the bad. Good job!
Amen! Great post, Kim.
I love your blogs Kim! They are the best ever to read and they always make me day!
Post a Comment