Lately, Ellie loves to look at pictures and tell us who is in them. She walks around pointing at all the pictures saying the names of who is in them in her own little way, momma, daddy, maa moo (matthew) rae hul (rachel) hair hun (Harrison) Ell lee or baby for herself. It's fun. Well in the last few days she has been going nuts for one particular picture. When I get it down for her she carries it around with her and sits and looks at it, pushes it in her stroller, points at it and says, "Dampa" She gets so excited.
We don't live by any of the kids grandparents, I know, we moved away from them not them from us so it's our fault not theirs. But it's still hard sometimes to try to have the kids when they are little really figure out who they are and try to help them love their grandparents so far away. Well, as I posted about a little while back John's dad stopped over at our house for a few hours during a layover. Grandpa Nevels had been worried that Ellie wouldn't take to him since he'd here so little time and a lot of times it takes longer for kids to warm up to people. Well she warmed right up to him and it is clear that she knows and remembers who he is and loves him! Now, we've just got to get all the rest of the grandmas and grandpas out to visit! One of the other things I can't help but laugh every time is she points at Grandpa or Dampa as she says it and gets excited and points out his nose, mouth, eyes, chin, etc. Then my favorite one is when she points at him she yells out "asses, asses" Yes, she loves that he wears glasses. Funny girl. We have got to work on our pronunciation!
On a little note, I'd like to wish my wonderful husband a happy birthday today! He doesn't like attention brought to his birthday, something some people have yet to learn so only for those who read all my ramblings get to see how much I love him and want his day to only get better from here on out!
1 comment:
Oh, I bet Grandpa is feeling really happy right now!
When I was little I pronounced my "Ch" as "Sh" and my "k" as "t", so baby chicks sounded just like... You figure it out. Anyway, people would try to get me to say chicks just to hear this toddle say naughty words. Glasses are found in homes much more often than chicks are! You really could have fun with that one.
Post a Comment