This week has been quite the week. I use this as a journal of sorts though it's those things in life good and bad that I share. This week has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. To preface all is well in our home. This week we started with the excitement of a car accident. It was nothing too serious. But Ellie and I had to be checked out by urgent care. Ellie is fine and I had some whiplash. Again nothing too serious. But Ellie loved sporting her new bracelet she got at the doctors. See the great pictures of them.
Then later that day we received some sad news from several places, I had a friend who went in for her doctors appt and there was no heartbeat. When she called I was so grateful that she felt like she could turn to me but it still brings many emotions and memories of the heartache and such from our children that we have lost.
Another friend sent a message telling me that her x-husband lied to the judge and took her son away and that through that she felt like her current marriage was at an end. It broke my heart to see a family ripped apart through such heartache.
Before going to bed we were let know that a family who had moved from our ward a while ago were getting their new house ready and two of their kids fell in the pool. They were able to revive the one, but the 5 year old past away.
My favorite scrapbook store, where I have become friends with the owners and many of the employees closed down last night. I went to a late night crop and then stayed and helped box up the store. It was so sad and so fun all at the same time. I loved those hours I've spent at the store and it was sad to see it end but spent the night filled with such happy wonderful memories.
Today I got up and watched my kids work with my husband and others to help clean the church building. They worked so hard. It was so great to see them really work hard and take pride in what they did.
Then I went to the funeral for little Rachel. After it was over my friend Sariah and I stopped off at the cemetery where two of my babies are buried and talked about them and remember them and was sad for the time I don't have with them.
So through all this it has made me really think about my family, my life, my plans, my dreams, my disappointments, and the thing I kept coming back to at each point in the week was the same. As I thought about the accident my thoughts were no matter the damage and loss of things how grateful I was for the fact both Ellie and I were safe. How much I love my little girl. When I heard about my friend and her miscarriage I was so grateful for the children I have both here and those that have passed on. When I heard about my friend and the ending of her marriage, it broke my heart for her but I looked at how wonderful my husband is and how much he does for my and my kids. How he does everything for us and always puts us first. Then as I thought about the death of little Rachel is made me take a few extra minutes to just hug and love my kids. As I was at the store closing I was reminded how wonderful my friends are, and how wonderful my husband is to support me taking a little time for myself. Then sitting at the funeral today and then stopping by the cemetery to reminisce about my children who have passed on, I again was reminded how truly blessed I was as we went through those times how blessed we were with all the tender mercies, and how great of a family I have and how lucky I am to have four living children to raise here.
So in the end though many of the things were sad, or bitter sweet, my thoughts all week have been again and again how truly blessed I am. So I wanted to take a minute on my blog to post that though life may be hard and frustrating and full of heartache at times, I can't imagine living any other life than mine and I can't imagine doing it with anyone but my family and friends. I love my life I truly do!
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You truly are blessed, as am I.
Sounds like a rough week, but I am glad you shared your thoughts and talked about how blessed you are. That is the part to focus on, isn't it.
I am thankful that we have the gospel and are able to recognize the many blessings that we have in life. I have seen many friends and family that have difficult lives, because they do not see the blessings in the rough times. I love and Miss you Kim.
First, I am so glad you guys are OK. Thank you for sharing your thoughts as well, they were very touching. I hope you have a better week.
Post a Comment