The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We made it 14 years, who knew?

All pictures throughout this post are from our engagement and wedding!

So in today's day and age it's always impressive to me to realize we made it another year. And I have to say, I never thought at the time we got married all those years ago that I'd be able to say that I could love him so much more than I did then. He is an amazing husband and father and I love him and am so grateful for the decision we made those years ago.


So now that I did my sappy blurb, I thought I'd share a little something from how we met...my version. He doesn't do the blog so he can share his version of how he remembers it if he wants to, but for now you get mine.

We got thrown together at a group party thing. I was on a date with another guy who I liked a lot but who only wanted to be friends with me. He convinced me to give John a chance. Well, I did to prove the other guy that it wouldn't matter. He showed me huh? That was the Sunday before Father's day. After spending the entire night up talking at my house, John kissed me by the end of the night. Then we spent the entire week spending every possible minute together. By Sunday, (Father's Day) he asked me to marry him, yep you heard that right! We called his parents who were very supportive. We told mine, who didn't believe it!

Two months later on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Talk about smooth. Less than three months from when he lays eyes on me he's got me for eternity! But I've never been more happy of a decision that too many people said we rushed into way to fast. We beat all family bets of how many months we'd last! Here's to never letting any of them being close to the right time!

I love you John!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Happy anniversary!

dlkenney said...

Congrats to the both of you.

Kirk and Aly said...

Love the pics! You guys look like you're 12 years old! We had a super quick meet to engagement time too, and am always amazed at how lucky I was to end up with someone so great, considering how little I knew about him! Congrats to you guys!