The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Boys have their first piano recital

Again, another post about how big my boys are getting. This seems to be a theme in my life right now. So this week the boys did their first piano recital. They have both come so far in their piano playing. They remind me of my sister and I when we were kids. There is definately a lesson in all of that. First, the more you practice the better you become. Second, the more you enjoy it the more you practice.

So far the kids teacher has done wonderful at helping the boys find songs that help them to enjoy the piano and want to practice. Some more than others but you can always tell when there are fun new songs. Like the boys have played fun songs for the 4th of July and such. Here are a couple pics of them with their teacher and playing the piano. What a couple of handsome boys if I do say so myself!

One other side note, while I'm talking about how wonderful my kids are, neither of them complained about wearing church clothes for their recital. Their teacher told them that's what they wear so they just did it without question or complaint. Gotta love those days!

No, not all days are those days which is why I try to love the others when they happen even more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi. I read your blog all the time but rarley take time to leave comments....,hope you are well!!miss you T

Queen 'Bina said...

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous that your boys get to do piano together. Jared is enjoying his piano as well, but it's hard to keep him motivated sometimes. Even when I promise to practice my songs as much as he does his songs. If he had a brother or a friend he could do it together with, I think it would make a big difference. You've got really great kids you lucky lady, you. Miss you.