The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Matthew is an 11 year old scout


So my cute little boy is growing up waayy to fast for my taste. He's already 11! He went a few weeks ago on his first overnight campout for scouts. No parents, just leaders and a bunch of 11 year olds. It was harder for me than sending him to Kindergarten for the first time. I would post pics since he did take plenty. They are fun too! But they are taken on the little camera and our CD drive is broken so I can't load them on the computer. So you'll have to settle for a picture of him this week when he earned his Tenderfoot in scouts. Going on the overnighter helped him earn that. John's favorite part of him being an 11 year old scout is that there are no cheers, just people clapping. That's his least favorite part of scouts so he is happy to see that part slip away. I love that Matthew loves scouts and wants to get as much done as he can. I love that he wants to be a good kid. I just wish he wasn't so big sometimes.

I have to add right now, as John just got home from the store with Matthew. They went out to purchase their first big, teenage purchase. They spent a looooong time smelling at the store to pick out the best smell for Matthew's first deodorant. Seriously, he's getting way too old!

No comments: