The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Melynde and Devin's wedding

So many fun things turned out wonderful with Melynde & Devin's wedding that Ellie and I attended in Utah. I made the wedding cake which I think turned out really nicely. It was kind of fun since we made the top layer chocolate cake. The next two layers were rice crispy treats and the bottom layer was fake cake. After they fed each other bites of the cake I cut the rice krispie layers of the cake. It was a lot of fun for me to see peoples reactions when they realized the wedding cake was not actually cake.
The other thing I helped with was the decorations for the wedding. My wonderful friend Kayci saved the day with the centerpieces. We shipped 8 apothocary jars up from Kayci for the centerpieces. We filled them with black and white ornaments. Then we found smaller glass containers which we filled with fun black and white candies. I loved all the different types of candies we were able to find that were just black and white. My sister Monica worked so hard coordinating and working to get all the wedding and decorations put together. It was amazing to see all she was able to accomplish for the wedding.
The other big thing I did at the wedding was take pictures the entire time. I've also added a few of my favorite pictures I took of them or others at the wedding. My sister Monica and her son Keegan sitting in front of the fireplace I think turned out really cool.
At the end of the night my nephew Keegan thought he found a great place to play air guitar to the music. For the wedding all of my brother and sisters came together for it. It was nice to have us all together.
My nephew Mahonri was the ring bearer. He walked up the isle, when he got to the front of the room he turned and and football threw the pillow and yelled "Gotcha". It was pretty funny. It was just a fun relaxed style wedding and I really enjoyed the day.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Hey Kim, I can't believe you got all that done and made Christmas cards and got them sent. You are amazing. Please keep me on your list. I love getting your cards and seeing your family grow. Have a wonderful Christmas. Teresa Cluff

Sharon said...

Wow Kim, the cake turned out gorgeous! The wedding looked beautiful. Your sister looks like she was glowing! Is she the one that was like 10 the last time I saw you? I can't beleive she is old enough to get married! How time flies!
Have a wonderful Christmas my friend!

dlkenney said...

Wow how time flies...Melynde looked beautiful with her new man... The cake was beautiful also. Boy your family is all growing up... Next time you are in Utah you need to give me a call (if you have some spare time)