The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Visiting family and Friends while in Utah

So while I was in Utah primarily most of my time was spent with my immediate family getting ready for the wedding. That will be another post. If I tried to sit down and blog about it all in one post I'd never it posted with what kids allow at one sitting so we'll keep doing this in stages as I allow. Anyway, while there we had a Christmas party with all my mom's extended family, it was fun for those who went. I missed seeing those who didn't. Then since things just kept getting busier and busier I wasn't sure I was going to end up seeing anyone else. But finally I got to see John's Brother Sam and his wife Melinda and their sweet baby Raina. She was a preemie so it's so cute to see our monster Ellie next to her. But she's doing so well! Then with work problems happening for my friend Jen's husband and my phone getting turned off by Ellie at one point, and a snowstorm, I just didn't think I was going to get to see Jen. She is one of my dearest friends from long ago. She took care of me while I was on bedrest with Matthew. We were not only in the same ward but in the same apartment complex for years. Well, she is amazing, which I already knew and is why she is one of my dearest friends. But Sunday morning she got up and left her husband with 6 kids to get ready for church while she came up and visited with me. It was so wonderful to see her and catch up. I visit her every summer when I come to Utah. I think we both went through withdrawls with me not coming up this summer. Ours is one of those friendships that no matter how long we are apart within minutes of being together it's as if we hung out every day still. I love you Jen and am SOOOOO glad you are my friend. I also have to add a couple pictures of Ellie in her sparkly black party dress. This was one I considered for the wedding but couldnt' pass up getting even if she didn't wear it for the wedding.

1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

LOVE great friend. Ellie looks darling.