The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, December 15, 2008

What happened while I was in Utah

So this trip will be spit into several posts so as not to overwhelm you all. First for those who don't know, the baby and I flew up to Utah for my sister's wedding leaving John with the other three kids for 7 days. I wish I had pictures of all the great things John did with the kids while he was home this week but leaving him home in charge of taking pictures means that there really isn't much--or any. THings I missed this week:
Ward Christmas party where the kids sat on Santas lap
Rachel lost her second tooth, the tooth fairy gave her two dollars which she used to buy hot lunch cause it's WAY better than sack lunch from home.
4 soccer games on Saturday.
Putting up Christmas decorations--okay so I'm not sad I missed that one, but it would have been nice to have pictures of the kids decorating my house for me.
What did everyone miss??? The bus one day. Kind of forgot to have the kids go out to the bus to go to school so they had to call a neighbor to give them a ride and call the school to let them know mom is out of town and dad forgot to get them off that morning. We can't all be perfect right? One of those great moments this week was that Rachel had a large craft due today. With me getting home Sunday evening I knew there was no way I could take care of it and handed it over to John with the hopes it would happen. He called me asking what he needed to get, the list is...red shiny material(for a kimono), 2 googly eyes, gold glitter glue and black yarn. You wouldn't think it's asking too much, directed him to walmart and said just get as close as you can, it's just a school project so it doesn't have to be perfect. He left walmart dejected with no material. Some walmarts don't have material, who knew? So after soccer pratice he took all three kids to JoAnns Fabric store in search of the material for the dress for the large paperdoll of a girl from China at Christmastime. They looked and settled on the perfect material. They were all very proud of themselves. I told him we'd only need an 1/8 of a yard. He bought half a yard of beautiful red silk material at only 12.00 a yard!!! When he told me he wouldn't have time to get the project done I told him to just do it during Matthew's soccer practice, he told me "I'm not doing crafts on the soccer field!" I told him then he's not a mom. He replied. "This week has proven that!!" It did make me feel good that if nothing else, he appreciates what I get done even when I can't do everything. Things he did accomplish so well, he built a new shelf for me in my laundry room, he hung most of the pictures which have been sitting on shelves to be hung for over a year, as I stated they put out all the decorations to make my house look nice and festive. This one is especially nice since I've been so consumed getting ready for this wedding I told John we were just going to have to borrow our friends 2 ft christmas tree and call it good. Instead I walk in the door from my flight home to the pictures below. They are worth not getting pictures of the kids on Santa's lap right? If that's not enough the clean house with dishes done sure got him off the hook!

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

way to go John

Laurel said...

Thaks John! The house looks great. and thanks for not complaining too much that I kept her out here all day yesterday! We had fun.