The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, September 26, 2008

Suprise! Grandpa's in town

Okay the last few weeks have been kind of crazy but fun none the less. Two weeks ago, my sister in law calls to see if she can come by for the evening, sure I say all I have is to go help at scouts that night. About 45 minutes later there's a knock at the door. And I'm completely shocked to see my step-dad standing on my doorstep. It turns out he is in town for a few days and that was why they were coming by. I quickly dumped scouts off onto my wonderful friend who takes care of me when I'm in need. (What would I do without you Krinn?) And plan on spending the night at home with them. I do sneak off to text John to let him know so he's not quite so shocked when he walks in the door that night. I spend some team eating and visiting with my dad, which is a lot of fun and definately not something I get to do often enough. Then we are back at the house waiting for John to get home so we can have dinner as a family, and there's a knock at the door. I had no idea who to expect. I open the door and there is our home teacher with a member of the high council. Okay, so our home teacher had called and asked if he could come over on Tues and told me he'd call me if he was able to set things up. He forgot to call me. What is it with people forgetting to call and say they are coming huh? But no biggie, we can just have extras at our house while we are home taught. We are waiting for John still though so we are making small talk, then another knock at the door?!? Really, who now. So I open the door and it is another high council member with our next door neighbor coming to home teach us. It takes a moment for them to realize they are at the wrong house that we are not the family they are looking for. I leave our home teachers in the house with my guests while I go out and help them figure out where to go. Now, I also should add that my next door neighbor is blind so he hadn't realized that he was driven back to our house. Finally they are off and a few minutes later John is home. We have a nice little lesson from our home teachers. I'd love to say I got a lot out of the lesson, but I regret to inform that my mind was on other things. See, my dad is not active in the church at all anymore so I sat there wondering what he was thinking? Is he uncomfortable that sort of thing. Once that was over they left and my dad and John and the kids played the wii. This was also amusing becasue my dad is this awesome golfer and bowler. He had been close to pro at one point before I came along in his life. Anyway, he was horrible at golfing on the wii. It made me feel a whole lot better. We finished out the night having a family round of Rock Band. My sister in law Kim was definately the best singer out of the bunch! We were busy the next few days/nights and didn't see my dad again before he left town, but I'm so grateful for the evening we got to spend with him. I know he had come becuase my brother had a baby so we didn't want to take time away from them, but I love the time I get with my dad, it's just never enough it seems! But i can feel that way, cause i live so far away that I can miss him! I love you dad. Well, Ellie's getting fussy so the post about my mom visiting the next week will have to wait a day or two.

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

Wow your dad looks good. I haven't seen him forever. I am glad you got the opportunity to visit with him.

standifird family said...

Wow Kim! You always have the funnest stories! Makes my life seem kind of uneventful... :) Soccer is the best- SO fun that you get so much of it!