The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grandma came too...

So a few days after my dad came and went in a rush in our life, my mom did the same. She flew in on Sunday. We went out to my brothers to see her. She was going to come home with us and spend a few days with us helping me can...I have entire post to blog on that subject...so we had dinner at my brothers with my mom, hung out for a while and when it was time to go home plans changed. She decided to stay there for the first part of her trip and go with us to Tucson for the soccer tournament. I was so excited and sad about the change. I had orignially wanted her to go to the tournament with us but just didn't think that was going to work out. So I started thinking about all I was going to do with her at my house since she wouldn't get to go to Tucson with us. Then blam, things change. I was soooo excited she was going with us for the tournament, she'd get to see Matthew play and he's pretty proud of himself and doesn't get to show family and such how good he is much. But I was looking forward to just hanging out canning and visiting for a few days. Having someone to talk to while I clean. I only like to clean when someone is sitting there for me to talk to...so a side note...if anyone ever wants to come and sit and watch me clean and visit with me while I do it, my husband would love the clean house it brings about. Anyway, it all brought to light, that pretty much I'm selfish and just don't like to share my mom when she comes to town. I love my brother and sister in law and want my mom to be there to help them with their new baby and to get to spend the time with them, I just want more time for myself too. Oh well, we don't always, or even usually get what we want. So once I was done with my canning, on Wed I drove out to my brother's place and picked up my mom and nephew while my sister in law and new baby took a nap. We went shopping and out to McDonalds for a fancy lunch so my nephew could run around and wear himself out allowing my sister in law a much needed break while he napped too. I really enjoyed the time. Then Thurs after soccer we picked up my mom and brought her to our house. I proceeded to be a bad mom and kept my kids home from school that day to play the wii with grandma. Okay, so that wasn't really my intent when I first kept them out, I figured we'd get up and go early to Tucson and go a museum or something. But we decided to try to not spend money so we didn't leave early. John thought a good plan would be then to let the kids go to school half day, but I'd already gotten their work from their teachers so they stayed home and "taught" grandma how to play the wii. Then I got a nice long drive with the kids watching a DVD in the van so my mom and I could just sit and talk all the way down and back. I love to sit and just talk to my mom. Okay, so we all know I love to talk. But my mom is great and helps me to look at things in a way I don't always. I love you mom and loved the time we spent with you. Now, when do you come visit again???? Here are a couple other pics of Ellie in Tucson since she's so cute we just have to add extra pics of her to everything!

No comments: