The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A soccer weekend away

This last weekend we went away to Tucson for a soccer tournament for Matthew. It was so much fun for the family. His entire team and most of their families all stayed at the same hotel for the weekend. The boys played apples to apples and other card games in between soccer games. We had pizza as a group and just hung out. The hotel was wonderful knowing they had hundreds of young soccer players there and allowed the boys plenty of areas they could hang out with each other. As for us, Ellie loved all the people who wanted to pay attention to her. Rachel loved playing and hanging out with the other sisters. John just enjoyed the down time and playing at the pool with the kids--Plus he was happy to see ASU lose and BYU thoroughly thrashed Wyoming. I enjoyed spending time with the other moms just visiting and watching Matthew become better friends with the boys on his team. Before the weekend started some of the boys didn't seem to fit in with others, by the end of the weekend they were all so close to each other. I'd say it was a successful weekend even if the boys did loose two of the three games they played. Hopefully the next tournament it won't be over 100 degrees. That is what I'm looking forward to! The final highlight for me was my mom was there to enjoy it with us. But I'll post more about my mom on the next post. It won't let me upload pics right now so those will add to this post later, hopefully today.

2 comments:

Dave Van Tassell said...

Didn't BYU win too?

Kim said...

maybe they did. Last I had heard was when he was upset they were loosing to Wyoming. Maybe they won, maybe I'm just off a week. I only heard the frustration. BTW, we get an error when I try to leave a comment on your blog Dave.