The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Some fun new changes are upon us...

Okay, so a week ago we had stake conference. The adult session was particularly uplifting for me. Here are a few of the things I took from that meeting that were particularly inspiring and am hoping by typing it here, it will more fully lodge it in my memory so we can instigate them in my own home. The first talks talked about how we need to immerse ourselves in the gospel, not just dip our toes into it but fully immerse it. We need to have a desire and try to find ways to show our spouse how much we love them every single day. And to remember it is okay to re-evaluate life. We don't need to keep doing things just becuase we've been able to before. It is okay to stop doing something good for something even better. Most often we don't change those things becuase of pride. What will my kids or my friends think if I no longer do x,y and z? All of this is how we change the pattern that we've allowed to be okay in the past. The rest of what I want to change in my life came from the last talk. It was very inspiring to me. What she talked about was what makes you happy in marriage? She found after asking many people it was the same common answers Good communiciation. 1v1, study together, date, read together, walk and talk, play board games. Just have a desire to be with your spouse and act on itTo feel loved and accepted, to feel safe with our spouse. Do we created that environment for our spouse? If we are clean in our thoughts and actions and views we will all feel saferGratitude in marriage. Say the words "thank-you" Don't assume they know. It's nice to hear it. Use your manners, say please when you ask something of your spouse. We express gratitude becuase we need to hear it more than they do. It reminds us of all they are doing for us Selflessness--Unselfishness. Who are we thinking of as we do things? Anger is just selfishness pure and simple. No matter how we were or are being treated it is our repsonsiblity to change the way we are treating those we love and care about. It is okay to call a friend if we have the desire to speak or treat someone we love unkindly. It shows more love and strength to call for help then to keep the cycle going
I hope to show my family and especially John more each day how much I love them and are grateful for them and all they do. And on a note of things we are grateful for, I am so grateful for John's change in calling. Sunday he was released as the stake employment specialist and called into the webloes. Though this is not going to keep him any less busy, he will be spending his time with Matthew which I think is going to be a wonderful thing for them. YEAH! Well, I've babbled on long enough. Till another day.

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

That sounds like a wonderful stake conference. I totally believe in the last part about your relationship with your husband. Randy and I make it a point to say thank you for something at least once a month. Sometimes it is something we do everyday and sometimes it is something we have done in the past that has changed our way of life for the better. This has made us more aware of each other and appreciative of the things that wouldn't be without the other.

What a cute little girl!!!

Nicole said...

This was a great post, thank you! It is a good refresher for me too just to read this. You made a lot of great points to think about.

PS--Can that little girl get ANY cuter...I dont think so!!!