The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Monday, April 14, 2008
A better try at being a better mom and person!
Looking back over this last week has been very inspirational. I have had a lot of fun with my kids and have looked at myself to see what and where to improve. I have had so much fun just playing with Ellie and watching her find her feet and grow. Rachel made her the queen one day. Here are some of my high points, or my low points that I'm going to change. First, I decided that even though life was way too crazy at the time of Rachel's birthday that we didn't get to have a girlie birthday party for her, it was okay to do it late--a month and a half late. So we had a very fun "unbirthday" party with a group of her friends. They dressed as princesses and got taught a new dance. It was a blast. If you live in the area to put my plug in for my friend who did the party she does a musical theatre class where the kids come and learn a dance and the words to a Broadway musical song. It is a one time thing each time lasts only 45 minutes and at the end you watch the little performance. It's only 5.00 and she does a new song each month. This month she is holding the class this Friday at 10:00 and they are doing a song from the Broadway musical "Seussical" the Dr. Seuss Musical. Rachel is so excited to go. So if you are interested leave me a comment and I'll give you her info. Okay, on to other things this week. Harrison is playing soccer right now...is he not a cute soccer player or what? Anyway, after many hours complaining to all who would listen to me about my frustrations with that league and the things they are doing with it and what it's doing to my son, I had an "aha" moment and decided I complain WAY TOO much!!! So from now on I'm not going to complain--as much. I'm realistic enough to know that I can't quit anything cold turkey but I'm going to try to do better. It won't change anything that happens in my life but hopefully it will change my outlook on things. Now for the fun of this week, all before I go camping with my kids--yes camping with a 5 month old--on Friday I am going to can 30lbs of chicken, 30lbs of hamburger, 10lbs of pork and 45lbs of London broil. We have a great price on meats out here right now so I'm stocking up. That brings me to my final big change. I'm going to try to stop cold turkey going out to eat for treats and quick bites and do better cooking and eating at home each meal of the day. Now I made this resolution on Saturday, that we will only go out for dates with each other, that way that can feel more special and save our budget more. With that being said, I started off this morning swimmingly. On my way to pick up my friends pressure canner to can all this meat, I stopped off at Sonic and got fried cheese sticks and a huge Root beer. It was as I was pulling away I remembered my new resolution. Well, hopefully tomorrow I will do better! It definitely showed how much I do things from habit as much as desire!
1 comment:
You are a great Mom, and an even greater mom for looking at where you can do better. It made me think! You guys are so busy and do so many fun things, I love it. Rach looked like a little princess and was so cute with Ellie being queen for a day! You have great kids! Good luck with camping, can't wait to read all about it!
Post a Comment