The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, April 3, 2008

One of those weeks

So this week has been one of those weeks. Due kindness to my husband I will refrain from telling all. He has great pity on my son and doesn't think the world needs to know all the mistakes a 10 year old can make to embarrass himself and his mother. But to sum up the fun. I unloaded the car of a bunch of stuff to take into the kids school. Grabbed the stroller, locked the car and headed into the school, only to get inside and realize I never put the baby in the stroller I was pushing into the school. Luckily I realized what a scatterbrained mom I was at that moment when it had only been minutes. Very scary shaky moment as a mom though. Then after having some fun playing April Fools jokes, that night my sweet son, who unfortunately was not playing any jokes at the time created a major social fopah. Let's just say to keep it simple, 10 year olds really are too old to pee on a tree at the park. Mom does know best. And leave the details out of it. Okay, then the next day on the way to soccer same sweet boy throws up all over the van. Really how many discusting messes should a mom have to deal with in such a short span. Ellie has also mastered getting the poop on the outside of the diaper instead of the inside. Then you throw in all the running and feeling crazy, trying to clean and catch up and there are days I want to just go back to bed and wake up another week! UGH! Here's hoping for a better rest of the week.

7 comments:

Dani said...

Wooo hooo ha ha ha ha...this one has me rolling! ;) This will be a great story to tell when he graduates from high school or gets his Eagle or some other prime moment. Classic!

Sorry about the other messes - I feel your pain there, I do! :)

Grandma Rozla said...

Weeks like that sure make you appreciate the good weeks and the moments of sleeping children! They will be times to laugh about soon :)

Nicole said...

Oh tootz!!! I would crawl under the covers too!!! I have to say I was laughing though and Im sure it will be a moment to look back on and laugh...WAY in the future. Here's to a better week, definetly a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry, find comfort in knowing many moms can feel your pain and have bucket loads of empathy for you.....best of luck next week. My motto: And it came to pass....

brooke romney said...

How can you not tell the really good stuff?? Good thing I see you at the park everyday and hear it anyway!!!!

Amy said...

You know, Brooke did the same magic trick with her diaper just minutes ago! She was sitting on our bedspread when my husband called me urgently to take care of Brooke while he cleaned up the bed. The outside of her diaper was all poopy. How do they DO that??

Chris and Deb said...

I almost couldn't finish reading that--it hit too close to home! But you made it! I'm impressed, and you should be too!