The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ending of all things consuming!

I am so excited to say the Pinewood Derby is over for another year! It is so consuming for our family, two cars, many hours all for 40 minutes of racing. This year luckily our boys came in first each at least once, so not nearly as many tears as would otherwise happen! I did have a lot of fun walking around getting pictures of all the fun things that happen while tiny wooden cars built by boys and their parents race down a small metal track. Overall, as much fun as it is, it is nice to say we are done for a year! I love the picture of John just as excited as his son at him winning. My friend held Ellie for me so I could get some pictures. I love the one of her and Ellie smiling at each other!
The other thing we finished this Saturday was Matthew's soccer season. After a year of many games and practices we played our final game on Saturday. The boys played hard, Matthew was great, and we won. Now some practices to keep things fresh for the boys but no more Saturdays with multiple games. Harrison will have his spring season starting in a few weeks, but that is only one game each Saturday, and not for a couple of Saturdays so I am going to enjoy the reprieve!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I am in the Prim Pres and over the scouts. We are having our Pine wood derby here in a couple weeks. Holy COW I did not know what a big deal it was. Mercy!!! I can't wait until it is over & I don't even have a son participating.