The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ward Camp out

 I'm super behind so the extent of Journaling I like to do isn't going to happen for the sake of catch up.  This fall as a family we threw the kids and stuff in the car and went on a ward camp out.  It was crazy and fun and at times my husband questioned my sanity in us going.  I was in the process of going through treatment so I wasn't up to doing much, but felt like the kids needed a little fun and normal and as a family.  So I trudged up there and slept a lot while others were off doing fun things.  I am grateful for others taking my phone to take pictures or taking pictures with their phones as there wouldn't be much to record the fun breath of fresh air my family got from that weekend.  I also for the sake of my kids one day and them feeling a need to do everything cause someone else did I want to note how we did this.  The ward packed breakfast.  We bought pizza on the way up and lunch on the way home.  I didn't prep any food which is a big time thing on camping.  I slept in the van while the girls slept in one tent and the boys in the other.  The boys are scouts so they and john did the set up. 
 Harrison got Ellie to touch a fish.....gross!!!

 A guy in the ward set up a zip line and all the kids and even some adults had a blast flying down the mountain. 

 We checked out the fish hatchery with some great friends the Rassmussens. 




 Ellie was super brave and picked up a bug in the bathroom.

 By the second time down the zipline it went faster than the first and was not as much fun for Ellie.






Overall it really was such a great break for everyone I am so glad we did it.  And I think I slept for four days straight to recover.

No comments: