The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, August 5, 2013

Yes my kids started school

I know, I know, these are about as late as they can get but this year has been crazy.  We will stick to the craziness that school has brought into our lives.  I have four kids in school full time at four different schools.  I swore I would never be that mom who sends their kids to different schools but it was the right thing for one year so I will just embrace it and look forward to next year being a little less crazy hopefully. 

Matthew is a Sophmore at Higley High School.  He is loving the school and is looking forward to playing soccer and volleyball hopefully this year.  He is in several honors classes this year so he will be challenged more than he has before.  Due to scheduling issues he does not have early morning this year but that means he can ride the bus to school and home when not in sports.  It at least give a little break in the driving for me.

Rachel is in 6th grade at Centennial Elementary.  It's her final year at the school now that they opened a middle school.  She has loved the program she is in there and is excited to have the same teacher that both her brothers had. 



We did pictures near her school with the girls early and then headed over to Ellie's school next. 














Ellie is a Kindergartner at Gateway Pointe Elementary.  Rachel and her were the only two that could have gone to the same school but since it was Rachel's last year at that school I didn't want to keep changing up schools on her so we put her in the neighborhood school we have loved for the kids.  We adore her kindergarten teacher and are looking forward to such a great year. 

Since we were sending our baby off to school for the first time John went into work late so he could see her off.  Since Harrison's school starts last he was there for the send off also. 



She was super excited to show daddy her desk and classroom before we said good bye for the day.  She did get to ride the bus home which luckily she enjoys since her and Rachel get out at the same time and Rachel doesn't have a bus to ride there was not much getting around that one. 

Finally we sent Harrison off to the newly not quite finished by the first day of school Cooley Middle school.  I am super happy to finally have a middle school for the 7th and 8th graders.  Since it's across the street from us he can ride his bike everyday which is one less kid to take and I quite enjoy that.  I did have to make sure to get a shot of those shoes.  Gotta love bright shoes!


No comments: