The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, August 5, 2013

Ellie's talk

Ellie was asked to give a talk this month.  Every week I would try to remind myself that she was doing it at the end of the month.  However when the week came we totally forgot.  UGH!  But, we pulled together and managed to sit in the hall and write this talk her and I.  I would do the first part of the sentence and she would finish every sentence.  For a little five year old it impressed me how she put the talk together with me. 


"One of my favorite songs is I love to see the temple.  I love that song because its about temples.  Temples are important because we get married there and they are Jesus's home.  The reason we get married in the temple is so our families can be together forever.  My twin died.  But because our family is sealed in the temple we will be together again someday.  I am so grateful for the temple.  I want to bear my testimony that the church is true.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen"

I did not prompt the part about the twin.  She just wanted to share that.  I love that she can feel comfortable enough with that, that it's not a painful thing for her but just something she can look forward to.  I love this beautiful little girl and the love she brings to me!

No comments: