The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

 I love this holiday!  I love to have it be a holiday to show my kids and family how much I love them.  I love to try to keep that the idea.  I also love that my husband buys me flowers.  I know it's a cliche gift, but seriously I LOVE them!!!  I also love that he bought me a plant of tulips...my favorite flowers so that we can plant the bulbs once the flowers died.  I love the way he thinks about me!
 Ellie loved the creative fun Valentines from her class.  I loved all the great ideas!
 She made this cute valentine in preschool.  I love that she made it for Rachel with the note below.  I do love that they love each other so much!
 Though this is out of order, we had fun with breakfast for those who left the house at a reasonable hour that was themed.  Those who left by 6 am only got special K with strawberries in it.  No, that's not pink milk, I was nice and bought them a strawberry banana smoothy drink.
 Ellie had fun helping me set and decorate the table for the fancy dinner.  We had spaghetti and breadsticks and jello jigglers.  We set up the table with these cute mailboxes my mom gave us.  We each wrote a Valentine to each other saying what we liked about each of us. 

 Harrison loved that we all got HUGE candy bars from dad!  Who doesn't love large candy?
Overall a very successful Valentines Day.  I was glad we celebrated as a family!

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

happy valentine's day! love all the taditions, especially flowers that keep being reborn!