The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas Sunday

I always take a picture Christmas sunday.  Don't we look festive?  This year I didn't get anyone a new dress or tie.  We all just wore something we had.  John was already at church and when I saw him in his light blue tie I didn't feel bad we left him out of the picture.  We did get new dresses and had some fun after Christmas but I didn't get pictures those two Sundays.  Ellie picked a purple dress to give Rachel for Christmas.  She loved it so much I bought her the same dress.  The girls were bugged that I didn't get me a purple dress.  But I do have a friend who sells some great super cheap jewelry so I wore my black dress with a purple necklace.  I was pretty happy with the whole thing...until the boys noticed at church and asked where their purple ties were.  I created little monsters :)  But honestly I love that they think it's fun.  My intended dresses to match this year were more casual which was why I didn't have them for Christmas Sunday.  Maxi skirts are really in so several months ago I bought each of us girls a maxi skirt.  Mine is grey and black, Rachels is grey and turquoise, and Ellie's is grey and coral.  Then I found some cute grey sweaters last minute at Target for each of us.  My friend I mentioned before had grey flowers for the girls hair and two necklaces she put together for me that were worn at the same time, one coral and one turquoise.  We loved it.  Harrison liked that they all had grey suits and could wear ties they had that worked with the ensamble.  That week John wore a red tie.  He can't win :)  Or more likely he loves to not coordinate with us.  But it's fun and since it's more the kids who direct it than me I think it's a fun tradition that we have started.  Love my family and they crazy parts of me they embrace instead of get embarrased by.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

Haha, blue tie! The pic looks great. Do you do a self timer or neighbor?