This is Harrison, and my mom forced me into writing this blog post since she was way behind and didn't want to do it at the moment. I don't know what to write, so my mom just told me to write about anything cool, fun, interesting, or exciting about the season. I can only think of two things that stick out to me at the moment. First, that I scored the first and second goals in Centennial soccer history. The first year at Centennial, they didn't have enough people to form a team, along with the second year. The third year at Centennial, there was enough people to form a team, but they sucked, like really bad. They lost all but one game, when they tied 0-0. That leads me to the other thing that sticks out to me, the fact that we made it to the "postseason" tournament. We lost our first game of the tournament to Power Ranch 11-2, and got knocked out. But we got 4th, the best a Centennial soccer team has done...ever. Power went on to get first place after winning against Ben Franklin in the Finals.
My mom wanted me to talk about how small some of these players were, at San Tan, they only had one player who made it to at least my shoulder. Yes I know, I am one of the tallest 7th graders at Centennial, but to only have ONE person reach my SHOULDER, that is just weird
We won our first game against Cortina 4-1, our next game was aganst San Tan where we won 15-1. We lost our next game 9-2 against Power Ranch. Our next game we lost 3-2 at Ben Franklin. Next we lost 5-3 against Coronado. We then ended that losing streak by winning against Ben Franklin 6-2. We then lost at Coronado 7-3. Our final game of the regular season was against Chapparral, where we got our first shutout, and won 9-0, giving us a 4-4-0 record going in to the tournament against Power.
(P.S. I just wanted to note that we won in all the games that I scored in--even if it wasn't the winning goal-- and lost the games that I didn't score in. Just wanted to put that out there.)
1 comment:
wow, harrison, you are the iowa of soccer, without your scores, the team has nothing.
Post a Comment