The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Matthew is in High School!

 Can you believe it?  That's my baby and he is now very clearly taller than me and going to High School.  This I think has been more traumatic for me than when he went to kindergarten.  It's just so hard to believe he's so old.  He goes to the football games when he can, he's trying out for the soccer team and the volleyball team, he goes to seminary and loves it.  He is a great kid and a great student who tries hard to do what is right and for that I'm so grateful.  I can usually always count on him to do what he needs to do without too much nagging.
 This year has been a huge adjustment for him though.  Last year school started at 9.  This year he has A hour so school starts at 6:30.  Yep!  Super early!  It's taking it's toll on all of us.  But he enjoys spanish and says that's not the class he sleeps in.  He has freely admitted to having to be woken up in other classes throughout the day.  I guess he is still a teenager right? 
I sure love him and am super proud of him.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for him...though I would be okay waiting a little while longer.

No comments: