The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, June 15, 2012

What my kids said to/about me for Mother's Day


Rachel gave me several cards, but one of my favorite is the one where she wrote this poem by herself.  Each line was next to a sparkly dot in the appropriate color:
You are the pattern of my happiness. 
You taught me to repent
You are wonderful
You are sunny (happy)
You bring up the sun
You make the grass grow
You are beautiful and bright
You are sweet as chocolate
You are my mom!

Ellie made me a flower.  The center said I love my mom because:  Then each petal said, My favorite thing to do with my mom is swim, My mom is good at playing with me, My mom is as beautiful as going to the dentist, My mom teaches me to chew with my mouth closed, My mom loves me because I take naps, My mom makes hte best cookies.

Then each of the kids filled out a little thing about both me and my mom, their grandma heidi, (Grandma Heidi's was in a seperate post.)
 
My mom is 10 years old.  My mom weighs 100 pounds.  Her favorite color is pink and purple, her favorite food is pizza and sweets.  My mom always says I love you.  My mom cooks the best pizza.  My mom's job is getting dressed.  My mom laughs at silly stuff.  If she had time she would love to play.  My mom and I like to play together.  My mom really loves to play.  I love my mom because, cause I do!  By Ellie Nevels

My mom is 36 years old and weighs 120 pounds.  Her favorite color is yellow and favorite food is salad.  My mom always says I love you and clean up when you are done playing.  She makes the best home made mac n cheese cassarole.  Her job is nothing.  She laughs when somebody gets hurt.  If my mom had time she would love to do family things more often.  My mom and I like to cook together.  My mom really loves taking pictures and making cakes.  I love my mom becuase she has done everything for me.  By Rachel Nevels

My mom is 35 years old and weighs 200 pounds.  Her favorite color is yellow and her favorite food is cheese on toast.  My mom always talks.  She cooks the best cakes.  My mom's job is photographer/cake builder.  My mom laughs when we are together as a family.  If my mom had more time she would love to visit grandma more often.  My mom and I like to play assorted games together.  My mom really loves dad and the family and the gospel.  I love my mom becuase she loves me and she expresses it.  By Harrison Nevels

My mom is 36 years old and weighs 165 pounds.  Her favorite color is yellow and favorite food is salad.  My mom always says, "Do your homework".  She makes the best cake.  My mom's job is mom, photographer, cake builder.  My mom laughs when we make jokes.  If she had more time she would talk for hours longer.  My mom and I like to play board games and card games together.  My mom really loves to build cakes or something.  I love my mom becuase she does everything for me.  By Matthew Nevels

Okay so how did they do?  I am 36 years old and about 160.  My favorite color is yellow.  And favorite food is most anything I don't have to prepare.  I do love salads and eat them a lot.  I like to say I say I love you most, but I do tell them to clean up and do their homework and yes I do talk a lot.  I don't think I'm a great chef so anything they are happy that i cook I'm good with.  My job is to be a mom, on the side I decorate cakes or build them as the boys say and do photography.  I'd like to think that I get dressed without it being a job but there are days that I want to stay in my pj's.  But yes, being a mom is a job!  I like the answers about my laughing. And yes, I am most known for the fact that I burst out laughing hysterically when someone gets hurt. I don't know why, I wish I didn't but the worse the injury the harder I laugh.  I love all the things they listed that I do with them.  I agree with all the things I would do if i had more time and I love hearing how much they love me.  I love my kids and they are so important to me!


1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

how sweet. you are a great mom!!!