The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Some fun at the zoo

Rachel spent all  year attending "Animal Club" each week before school.  She loved it.  In the end of the year they had an overnighter at the zoo.  Due to scheduling issues John did not end up being a chaperone like we had originally planned.  But the next day I bought a pass for Ellie and I and we went around the zoo during the daylight.
Ellie and Rachel had a blast with all the fun things they got to climb on.  Gotta love a good photo op right?

What I didn't love though was that it was sooo hot.  Over 100 is too hot to spend the day at the zoo!  Rachel and her friends spent the whole time talking about how loud all the animals were all night long. 
That made me and John grateful we didn't chaperone as there was no sleep by pretty much anyone.  It wasn't like there was a lot of opportunity for sleep as they hiked the zoo until midnight and hiked again at 6 am, but even for those few hours the animals were so loud they couldn't sleep.


When we were there we did get to see the baby twin cows who were born the day before.  So that was pretty cool for Ellie. 


And we couldn't go without stopping at Ellie's favorite playground.  Gotta love Fisher Price's little people playground. 

All in all, a great day, and I can say I got my zoo trip done with my kids for the next year or two.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

sleep over at the zoo.... sounds like it went exactly as it should. it's a zoo, afterall. glad you gotta sleep. :)