The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The progress of the Gilbert Temple

 I will start this post with a pre-curser that I stole everyone of these pictures from friends of mine.  But, all that aside, it's great to see the progress of the temple just down the street from us.  I have been going to the temple extra lately, and the more I do that, the more I look forward to this new closer temple being done!  It is getting so close.
The other day they put the angel moroni on the top of the temple.  I had planned on being there when they did that, but was needed elsewhere.  As much as I would have loved to have been there, there is no question I was where I was supposed to be.  (That is why I "borrowed" these pictures from friends who did make it there.) 
 We did take the kids over to it that night to see the freshly set Angel Moroni for Family Home Evening.  One of the interesting things that happened with placing Moroni was they kept saying they were going to have to cancel placing him.  It was just too windy.  Then just minutes before time the wind died down and they were able to place him.  They said the wind picked up again just after they finished. 
There is no question this is the Lord's house and he has his hand in the building of it.  We are looking forward to it being done!

2 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

That is so AWESOME! How special for everyone. Wish we could still be there to see it happen. Sounds amazing!

Eardley Fam said...

Wow!! How neat for you guys to be sooo close. I am with Brooke and wish we could still be there to see it. I guess a visit is in order! I have a friend from Texas that just moved to Gilbert and she said the temple is just down the street from her-this might be a long shot but did any Larsen's move into the ward fairly recently?