These are my favorite decorations for many reasons. But mostly because my super amazing talented mom made them, or taught me to make them, or made them with me. You get the idea.
The first two are ones that I would do the base painting and my mom would go in and do the detail work. She would then sell them at the quilted bear. I can't express how happy I am to have a little part of my mom with these. She hasn't done this kind of stuff in so many years. If I hadn't gotten them then, and held onto them I might never have this from my mom.
This chick in the egg is one of the first things I painted all by myself. I had been doing stuff for my mom for a while. I saw this at the store and did it all. I did the eyes and the shading . They were never stuff I was great at so when this turned out the way I saw it in my head it made me so happy. It still brings a sense of pride and joy when I see it.
This chick with the Happy Easter Egg, is one of the first ones I remember my mom making as a kid. I love that I've held onto it.
This final bunny is hands down my favorite! My mom made this for me when I was little. Easter bunny didn't have money and mom had to make things to supliment him. This was a bunny she made from a pair of socks and scrap material. I especially loved it as I got an easter dress for myself out of the same material. The love and care that went into that bunny is something I have always treasured. It truly is one of my most treasured possesions. Thanks mom for all the talent you have shared with me throughout my life.
1 comment:
this is so sweet!
Post a Comment