The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, December 26, 2011

Big mom fail!

We all have those things as a mom where we look at the end of the day and went, well that was a big mom fail. I had one of those this last week. I want to make sure we all remember it so we don't make those same mistakes again. John had a work Christmas dinner the same night Harrison had a school choir concert. I asked him how he felt about me missing. He said he didn't even care if he missed other than his grade would drop if he wasn't there. The only excuse was being sick or out of town on vacation. I debated calling him in sick. He really has expressed how much he hated choir and its just a dumb little thing they make them do. It didn't really work for us with so many things going on. But he is a grade worrier and I didn't wnat him stressing over his missing 100 points or being dishonest so I talked to a friend who said they would take him so I could go to John's dinner.

I felt better about things and didn't worry. Harrison was picked up and taken to his thing and I went to John's work dinner. We got home from the dinner and Harrison still wasn't home. I started feeling really bad for my friend who was now there for like 2-3 hours listening to middleschool kids sing. It couldn't be that great, espeically since it wasn't even their kid. He finally came home with an In and Out cup. They had taken him out to celebrate how well he did on his solo.

Yep you heard me right! My stinker of a son was printed in the program and was singing a solo! He did great singing "Grandma go ran over by a reindeer" I felt horrible! Talk about mom fail! His first solo ever and I didn't even show up. I apologized to him. His repsonse, "It's okay, the Allen's took me to In and out and I wouldn't have gotten that if you had come" So at least I'm forgiven by food from a friend!

No comments: