The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Don't look if you are squeemish!!

I will start this with a caviot that there was much discussion on whether this family event and pictures should be posted or not. We settled on blog not facebook as this is printed as a family journal and I want my kids to feel okay about themselves when they are parents and mess up. To know that we all did it. I will leave some space here so if you choose not to look you won't accidentally see something you don't want to. So.....

























It seems each year I work hard to earn that coveted "Mother of the Year" award. I have won it many years. Most years I win it for the same reasons I won it again this year. I really should just take my kids to the dr when they aren't really complaining or when they complain over every little thing. Every time I don't I really look like "mom of the year" when I finally get them in. This usually means going from nothing everything is fine to one year, "Your son has a broken collar bone, he shouldn't have played soccer this last few weeks" or "who set that break in your sons foot? It healed really bad, what do you mean what break?" Yep, I think my kids just need a periodic xray and full scan to keep me from looking dumb. It always makes me wonder if it's a good thing that my kids are so tough. Broken collar bone kid, was upset that we thought maybe he shouldn't play because it hurt for a day or two. Broken foot kid only complained once or twice the entire 6 weeks he played competitive soccer on a broken foot. So this time is no exception. Matthew has complained a little about the blisters on his feet hurting. I know this kid is growing like a weed and shooting through shoe sizes like crazy so I just took for granted that new shoes...a couple times over would fix the problem. It didn't. Finally I looked at his feet and we determined we ought to have him checked by his doctor. His doctor took one look at his feet and we were into the dermatologist the next day. Always bad when they push you in so quick. So what is the end result?
Matthew had 38 warts on the bottom of one foot and 17 on the bottom of the other. They had to freeze them all off. They don't numb or do anything like that when they freeze them off. Mom just gets to hold down her boy that's 3 inches taller than her and hope she can hold him still enough to be tortured. It was really tough on him and I felt horrible. They said he has had many of these for at least 4-6 months. Since it's so bad it will likely take 5-6 treatments of freezing them off every three weeks. I'm so sorry Matthew. Next time you cough I will rush you to the hospital I promise. :)

So yep, don't take your kid to the dr for six months because he has these "blister" things on the bottom of the feet wins you another year of "Mother of the year"

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

ouch! ouch! ouch! oh so painful! and i know the pics aren't doing it justice. now, what are you going to do to make it up to him?