The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, July 29, 2011

Going Away Party for Monica


Since Aunt Monica was moving out of state the week after we left town we had a going away party while we were all still there.

Monica took charge of having lots of tasty food, I was in charge of lots of tasty cupcakes. For the record we had funfetti with decorator white, strawberry lemonade with butter cream, red velvet with heavenly white, pumpkin with cheesecake and black and white brownies with cream cheese. Yep it was a tasty night.

We enjoyed one more night with all my siblings together. We had fun seeing lots of friends and family that I grew up with.

We made sure to take pictures of all the friends and family for a book we made for Monica. Everyone who came by wrote notes to Monica in the book too.


President McCune was my home teacher all growing up. He is part of who made me who I am today. I owe his family much and I loved being able to visit with them and tell them thanks for what they did for me growing up.

Barb Venema is another one of those incredible people who has always been such an anchor in my life.

In the end, it was a wonderful night with lots of cupcakes left. I guess I really need to learn how to better accurately prepare for the number of people we expect at an event. Also, when you make so many choices, the smaller the cupcake the better as most want to try them all but didn't love me for the added calories.

We will miss you all! Good Luck on the new move Monica!

No comments: