
We took the Las Vegas/St George way up to Utah this trip. This was because we were stopping to see my sister in Price and have some amazing family who provided a place for us to stay the night in St. George. I couldn't have done that much driving it wasn't for them! Thanks Rindlesbach's!! We drove over the "new bridge". We haven't done that drive since you had to drive over the hoover dam. We were across it before we even realized it. It shaved soooo much time off what it used to take with all the time it took over the dam. It makes it so much more efficient when driving, but not so nostalgic.


The kids and I made such good time we got to St George before we could get into the house for the night so we stopped at the St George temple. This is a temple my kids have never been to before so it was fun to stop and get out and walk around. Like normal, I let my kids direct the pictures they want taken when walking around. It's fun to see what their brains come up with.


Ellie was so sweet. The kids had been talking to her about how the temple is Jesus' house. When we got there she walked up to the doors of the temple to get some pictures, Ellie started knocking on the door to see if Jesus would answer. When we asked her about it, she said that Jesus said he was busy inside right now and couldn't come out to see her.

Seriously! I love, love, love that sweet girl. Don't get me wrong I love all my kids, but there is something so sweet and innocent about moments like those when the kids are that age that just makes me love it so much!


I am also so grateful for my great kids. Knowing that I would have a very full day of driving, I was so glad to have great kids I could trust to stay up with Ellie until she crashed so I could go to bed early. (She'd slept so much of the drive there she was wide awake.) Thanks to my amazing kids so did the drive over two days soo well!


No comments:
Post a Comment