
Every year I do an Easter Egg hunt on Good Friday or the next nearest day to Easter that the kids are off school. No matter what happens Saturdays are just too busy and crazy and never worth it to me to try to do one then. I don't do anything really to advertise or invite. If you see me leading up to it then I try to tell everyone I see. If you know I do it every year, than typically they ask. But it's just small and simple.

Everyone just drops off eggs at my house for however many they would guess that their kids would like to hunt. That way we don't have to tell a kid to stop hunting. We let the youngest ones go first so they make sure they get more eggs than others. But honestly, the biggest thing that I have found to help the little kids get eggs without the big kids taking them all is the "money eggs"

We put coins in lots of eggs and hide them in the harder to find spots. Giving the bigger kids incentive to take their time finding the harder to find eggs leaving the easy ones for the little kids. We even hide 5.00 for one egg. The older kids really work hard to find that money.

Matthew, Ches Sharp, and Mike Allen showed up early to hide the eggs. They worked hard to hide them in all the great spots. They looked and talked and much discussion about the best place to hide the big egg. They ended up hiding it in Matthew's bike. Pretty much all the eggs were found and the kids had pretty much wound down and still no one had found the egg. Finally a toddler noticed the egg and found it. She is one rich little 3 year old.

Ellie took a bit to realize that you can get more eggs if you carry the basket with you instead of leaving it in the middle of the park and going and finding an egg and running back to the basket to deposit it and then off again to find another egg to bring back to the basket.

This last picture of Harrison is one of my favorites. When he climbed all the way up there to get the egg he opens it and says, "Jelly Beans?!?! I climbed all the way up there for Jelly beans?!?" Ches who hid the egg replied, "Hey, I climbed all they way up there just to hide jelly beans." It was pretty funny!
2 comments:
I love Easter egg hunts and I am glad to see you include the older kids. I hate how they try to make the older kids grow up too fast. Holidays are just important for them as it is for the little ones even if they wont admit it. Happy Easter
Looks like fun. We missed it!!!
Post a Comment