The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rachel's 9th Birthday


So for Rachel's birthday she drew a picture of exactly what she wanted in her cake. She had full confidence in her mom that I could pull off the cake. I loved the picture she drew to design it just as much as she loved the end result.

One of the trickiest parts for me was that I didn't want to make a dog out of frosting and such but finding a dog that would work and be in the budget. It still ended up being one of the most expensive cakes I've made in a long time for my kids since the barbie set with the dogs cost 10 bucks. But it gave her fun dogs and a new barbie so she love it. She also got some bedroom furniture for her barbie house, some littlest petshop animals crafts to make and stuff to make herself up. But her face lit up huge when she opened the card from grandma with 10.00 in it!

Since life is a little crazy we invited two of her closest friends over to do crafts and eat pizza and cake for her birthday night. It was a perfect party. My brother and his family came to town this week so we had all of them too. It made a full fun house for her birthday night to help her feel extra special.

I however was not thinking straight and there isn't any pictures of the fun and the people there to celebrate. Sorry! But know that we loved having them all over even if I didn't document it like I usually do!

1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

Great cake (as always) and you are looking amazing!!! Way to go girl.