
Rachel has loved dancing in parades. This spring she also got to do the Ostrich Festival parade. She had a blast!

Due to how crazy of a day it was with Matthew having 4 basketball games, Bountiful Baskets, John and I going to a spring training game with friends and the parade, I kept things as simple as I could. I went to Bountiful baskets early in the morning. While I came home for that John took Matthew early to his first game to warm up. I left bountiful baskets a few min early so I could run home and do Rachel's hair and make up for the parade. A great friend took her to the early check in for the parade. As soon as she was off I went to Matthew's first game then took a team photo for his team before I rushed off to see the parade without any kids. (Left the Harrison and Ellie at home to be taken care of there, and left John at the 2nd game.) After the parade rushed home to hop in the car and watch the diamondbacks win. Then rushed home to catch Matthew's fourth game. (leaving him with a teammate after the second game to hang out with until the fourth game). After the 4th game we all came home and I honestly don't remember anything we did the rest of the night...at some point along the way I'm sure I ate. Yep, that was the way I "kept it simple".

My brother and his family were supposed to leave to go back to Utah first thing that morning but when they heard rachel was in a parade and matthew was in a tournament, they put off leaving another day and went to the parade. To say it made Rachel's day is a huge understatement! She had a blast and we did sit and watch to the end of the parade as soon as she finished since she was early in the parade.

Then my brother and his family headed over to my house and hung out with the kids while John and I were at the game. Then my brother met us at Matthew's last game. It was so great for everyone the extra time we got with them. I'll take any time I can get with my family!!

This was Rachel's final parade of the year. They will be doing a digital recital and finishing out dance in the next couple of months. Rachel has loved it and is going to miss it while she waits for next year to come!


I had to finish with this group. This is what I want to be when I'm geriatric. How cool is that! Way to get it done ladies!
4 comments:
She looks like she loved it and, really, just another Saturday at the Nevels home, right?
She is so cute!! I love the running around you do on Saturdays and how you make it work. Gives me hope when all 4 of my kids are torn in different directions at some point. Good work girl!
If I could pull off a cheer outfit when I'm 75, I would totally be a cougar cheerleader. :)
Hehehe, that last picture is hilarious! Reminds me of the "red hat ladies" that I run into quite regularly!
Post a Comment