So my story of how John and I met is longer than the actual meeting I think. I will give the briefest of details. The Sunday before Father's Day 1995, I went to dinner at a friend's apt. I had a huge crush on my date. Unfortunately, at least that's the way I felt at the time, the crush was more one sided. My date convinced me to give John a chance since as he put it, "That guy can't keep his eyes off you." So, I took the advice of the guy who was "just a friend, though I wanted more" and went back inside and started to talk to John. Things got a bit tense at our friends house so we took off for my mom's house where I lived.
We spend the evening playing Life with my little sisters. He was blatantly cheating to make my sisters laugh and managed to win my heart by the end of the game. In fact before the game was over he was holding my hand. We stayed up all night talking about everything in our lives. Before he left for work that morning he'd kissed me. We spent every possible minute together that week. The following Sunday morning we called his parents for Father's Day from my house. He asked me to marry him before he talked to his parents and announced it to his parents that day.
They weren't nearly as shocked as some were. But they loved and supported us through our engagement that seemed to last forever if you asked me. But Labor Day weekend 2 1/2 months after he met me we tied the knot in the Salt Lake Temple. It's been true love ever since! So that's the brief version of the best decision I ever made!
2 comments:
I totally remember finding out about your engagement! I was like 10, and I honestly didn't believe Sarah when she told me about it because I didn't even know that John had met a girl! So funny! I'm so glad you decided to give him a chance though, I love having you in our family!
what a fun story! I love knowing how people meet, it's so fun! I laugh at how quick you were - we were 4 months from meeting to marriage :)
Post a Comment