The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A tour of London


John didn't have much time since he spent the bulk of the trip snowed in in Rusper to sight see London. But he knew pictures and seeing as much of London as he could was important to me so he did his best.


He succeeded in taking over 1000 pictures while in England. Good job John!

I have taken quite a while to narrow it down to a few of my favorites. He really tried to hard to "see things the way Kim would see them" as he put it.

He tried to get different angles of some of the same things. He tried to get close up to see the detail of things, yet at the same time to get far away shots to show the vastness of some of the buildings.

He knows my obsessions of castles and such and made sure to get some of those, along with the "classics" like Big Ben and the Eye of London.


I loved seeing pictures of all the statues of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the such. I never figured they would want statues of those who helped to separate us from them and leaders of the free world over here.





But my favorite is the plaque of where Arnold Benedict lived. It totes him as an American Patriot. That's not the way I was taught about Arnold Benedict.



John also pointed out how many chimneys are on the top of all the buildings. He got several shots of those to show just how many there were for each building. That was one the coolest things if you ask me!




In the end, I love all the pictures that John took of England for me. Next time I hope I'm able to go with him. It will be a whole different trip for us together.



No comments: