The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, November 29, 2010

Fun in the fall leaves of Utah



I had some fun in Utah with the colors of leaves. I just don't get this kind of fun with leaves down here in Phoenix.

I didn't have time to really take a day and dress the kids in clothes that would coordinate and drive up to some of the really beautiful spots.



But while at Chrys and Ken's we walked around their yard and I told the kids to go and pose themselves, to put themselves where they thought it would look good.

They did pretty good if I do say so myself. Then here and there if there was a really great spot we'd just stop the car and I'd pick a kid...usually one in a good mood...and snap some pictures.


Those are moments I really wish I lived in Utah. I love fall. It truly is one of my favorite seasons of the year.


After the heat of summer when you are ready for a change, the air gets just a little crisp. You get to wear an entire new wardrobe and everything outside is absolutely beautiful.

That is the problem with Arizona. We don't do that. We go from over a hundred and hot, hot, hot one day to our winter the next day.

I know, I know, our winter is not like the rest of the winter everywhere else. But there is no adjustment period. It's just hot then cold. And I don't care what the rest of you say...I am cold this year!!!!

But for a moment in time, we got away and got to enjoy that beautiful wonderful time of year when all is pretty and the air is just a bright relief from the heat.

2 comments:

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful kids, beautiful fall leaves!! I love Utah this time of year too.

Our address:
12645 W Morning Vista Dr
Peoria, AZ 85383

Hope you are well! Miss you all!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

I love the leaves, what vibrant colors! Beautiful pictures!