
One of my most favorite parts of a trip to visit the Nevels is all the just hanging around visiting with each other. It is such a common thing for the Nevels to do. There is just so much to catch up on when you don't see each other for so long in between.

There are games played here and there. Catching up on kids and church callings, jobs and hobbies.

And there is a lot of food shared with each other. Each family was assigned a meal and prepared enough for everyone. It was nice to share the workload and not have it fall on mom and dad.

The kids didn't have any TV until the very end when we put in a movie the last night for them.

It was fun to see all the kids piled on beds giggling with each other.

These are some of the things I miss the most living so far away. I just want my kids to be able to hang out and play with cousins, to laugh and giggle.

I want to be able to just sit and visit with family. I'm not very good at calling people on the phone. I do great at answering and never letting people off, but for some reason me picking up the phone has gotten harder and harder the older I've gotten.

This last picture is a favorite of mine with John and his brother Matthew talking and his brother Joe in the background. These guys are so fun when they get together. You never heard so much movie quoting as when they get together.
3 comments:
Looks awesome. I'm glad you had a chance to be with everyone again!
The hanging out is my favorite part too! That's the wonderful thing about a big family - you never get tired of just hanging out because there's so many different people to do it with!
love family times! reading about yours makes me all sentimental for mine!
Post a Comment