The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, August 27, 2010

Biggest looser starts here for me!

So last week I joined a biggest looser group. I have debated what to say and not say as I worry how I'll come off. But I decided this blog is about me so this is not to make anyone feel bad or anything but to record my progress and feelings about it.

So, last week when I drug my friend into this process we did a weigh in. I will only say mine as I will protect the innocent from info being released that they don't want released. At my weigh in I was a depressing 196.6. Yep super depressing. Here's where I worry I know I'm not as big as some and I know it could be much worse. I also am not super unhappy with the way I look when I look in the mirror, I'd just like to fit into clothes I no longer fit into and to feel healthier. I would like to see the number shrink on the scale. I mean I delivered both boys at 160 and 165 after putting on 60 with each of them. Then with Rachel I started out bigger but I'm close to where I delivered her. Heck, I'm bigger than what I delivered Ellie at. Those are the things about this size that I don't like. So with all that I decided it was time to do something about it.

My plan is not too complex and my plan is not as restrictive as some. I plan on drinking more water and less soda. I plan on eating healthier foods and less treats. My biggest things are to cut out the snacking in between meals. I am walking with a friend each night for anywhere from 3-9 miles. I like to claim it's more but that's more realistic. I also am trying to go to the gym at least twice a week.

However this week though I've walked and stuck to most of those things above pretty well, I have also been insanely busy with soccer stuff and have had several days where I've been so busy I've forgotten to eat or not had time to eat several meals. By the time it's midnight and I realize I haven't eaten it's not worth the hassle to get up and make something at that point so I end up going to bed without.

I know I can't do this forever and honestly I have NO intention of doing it. It only happened this week due to circumstances I hadn't planned on. So before anyone starts worrying, no I love food way too much to take that extreme and unhealthy of a weight loss plan. To tell the truth honestly my biggest goal in this is the being healthy not the weight loss. Life settles down now that this week is over and don't worry I'll find more opportunity to eat than I should. But the good news of the crazy insane week is that my weigh in for today was 188.8. So instead of a 2lb weight loss that I was hoping for it was a 7.8lb weight loss this week. That was 3.9% weight loss this week. It may be for only one week but super happy for the end results a crazy week brought to me.

WooHoo!!!! Next week don't expect an update...I only plan to mention it on times I loose weight and this week I don't expect to loose anything and I'm okay with that...I'm just not going to share how much I don't loose. :)

2 comments:

heather said...

9 mile walks! I'm impressed!
I wish I could forget to eat!
There is a blog I really like that is helpful- she is not about crazy diets but about lifestyle and how to be healthy, she's very motivating- trainermomma.blogspot.com

dlkenney said...

Good Luck, I hate weight loss plans they are always so stressful. Just take it one day at a time. If you have a bad day remember to start over the next morning.