At this moment I'm looking for all the reasons I love my 12 year old. Some days are easier with him than others. 90% of the time he is this amazing loving kid who jumps to help and do anything for me. So those days like today when he is moody and difficult, and proves he is coming into his teenage years and as imperfect as the rest of us. So on days like today I like to look through the pictures I haven't blogged but are in my file of to get to in getting caught up and came across these pictures. These were done on Father's day. John was off to meetings and such so we were working to get the cake done for him. (so if you see the frosting on my lip that's why, and no, noone told me I had frosting on my lip.) We turned on some music to listen to while getting things done and a song came on that Matthew liked and he said to me, "mom, come dance with me I love this song!" So we dropped everything and just danced.

After the first song with Matthew everyone wanted their turn. That's when Matthew grabs my nice camera and starts to take pictures of me dancing with the other kids.



So at the end of dancing with the other kids Matthew had to make sure he got another turn so there would be pictures of him dancing with me. Both the first and last picture were taken in the last dance.

Then we got back to the cake and got it done. But I loved that Matthew not only wanted to stop and dance with his mom more than once and knows me well enough to know what pictures of that moment in time would mean to me. It still brings a smile when I see these pictures!
3 comments:
He really is a GREAT kid!
I so love this! He is an awesome kid and those are moments you will always cherish.
PRICELESS!!! You are a lucky mom!
Post a Comment