The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bring on the tongue!

Again we are doing catch up here...So a while back the kids participated in a Saturday Track and field event at the local High School. It was really fun to see them all get ready and try out different events.

We'll start with Rachel. She ran the 50meter, 100 meter, and long jump. It was really fun to see her "style" as she'd run. That girl can not run in a straight line to save her life. She was in multiple lanes each race. The form isn't quite there but she did awesome. I don't have their awards handy to remember exactly what she placed but running the 100 m was in the top 3 and 50 meter was in the top 6. But the long jump was a first for her. She'd never tried doing something like that before. So even though I forgot she was doing that and ran her over long after everyone else had finished competing she got in in time, and took a 1st to show for it.


As for Harrison he was all about running. And he ran the mile (1st I think), 400m (2ndish) and 100 m (top 10). He thought he could outrun everyone. And he did a pretty close job of it. But it was still fun to watch that tongue go when he ran.


But noone can bring on the tongue like Matthew. He let it all hang out in everything he did. He ran the 100m, 200m, and high jump. He had a blast with the high jump and I don't think he took lower than a 3rd the entire day. Way to go.




What did Ellie do? Anything she pleased. Her favorite was this dog near us in the centerfield. I have to say it was the nicest most patient dog I have ever met in my life. He didn't even jump when the shot the starter gun. But she was a trooper hanging out and keeping herself busy so I could pay attention to the other three kids. I love that girl.

Thanks to all for a great day. We even met up with a family from the ward and hung out together to watch the relay race using otter pops. It was great fun!

1 comment:

Leefamlee Treasures said...

haha - my family does the whole tongue thing TOO!!!