The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, May 22, 2010

My big announcement!

NO!! It's NOT April Fools!! This is real!!

I am sitting here in shock at the news. Yes, this has come as such an unxpected treat in our family. I really am so happy, I just had reached a point where I never believed this would ever happen for me again...at least in this life. I've held off making a big announcement of any kind as I wanted to make sure it was all going to continue to go well. I mean, I didn't want to jinx it.

There has been much nausea, a fair of amount of weight loss followed by a substantial amount of weight gain. I am very happy the nausea has passed, but the weight gain has not been what I've looked forward to. Even when warned it was coming on I'm still in shock to look at myself in the mirror. It just has come on so fast that has caused the most shock to me I think. But I just have to remind myself what I'm getting in return for the new imagine in the year and it is worth it.

I also have been hesitant to say anything yet, as even though I'm starting to feel better I'm so behind I've been scared to just jump back into everything as I've been behind on life for the last few months and it's going to take a while to catch up, but well I couldn't wait to tell people any longer.

I know, I know, it may be still a bit premature to announce as it will be months before we see the end result, but we are looking forward to the next few months while we wait for September to come, and then will just pray all goes well when the time comes.

So do you think you guessed my news? You want me to come out and say it...okay I will...I'm fat and I'm pain free!!!!!!!

Yep, you heard right I'm pain free for over a week now. Okay so I know you want an explanation of what I said above. It is all true. We were hesitant to say anything about the pain in my head being gone until we really knew it was. As I stated, after having a massive headache from Feb 17 until last Saturday it's been something I've been a little leery to to tell people, I mean is it really true. But it is. I definitely am still in shock that I'm pain free. There was a time that I really didn't think that would actually happen. (If you are new to my blog and don't know what's going on with me, well there are a few posts already about it so I'm not going to repeat too much, but to simplify Feb 17 it felt like someone shoved an ice pick through my head and have been hitting the end of it all the time. It has not had any break in the pain.)

In finding a solution for the pain, we tried many things, one caused really bad nausea and I'm very happy to be off that, especially since I was still in pain with that route. The only real side effect that I've experienced on this medicine is weight gain...a lot of it. The hardest/weirdest thing about it is the way it has come on. The only time I have EVER had a belly like this is when I'm pregnant. Even at my biggest I've been I haven't had a belly like this. I carry my weight below the belt, so this is just well a shock. It's come on sooo fast too that it's taking a bit to adjust to. So well, I figure if I'm going to look fat I might as well have a little fun instead of being bitter. It is for a good cause after all. I just have to chant "I am pain free, I am pain free" and then I can look away from the mirror and not stare at myself indefinitely.

We will stay on this round of medicine until September so I can have a few months with no pain at all. Then after that we will try to step me down off the medicine and see how I do. We pray that after that long my occipital nerve will remember how to be calm and not cause problems. Now, that I'm feeling better, I just have to find a way to catch up from all the stuff I've been so behind on while I've been in pain.

So we are so happy to say good-bye to "the ice pick of pain" as we named it before it had a name. Cause I am pain free!

9 comments:

Speer Family said...

LOL! You totally had me going. I was about to be so jealous. Glad your finally pain free!

Jessica said...

I'm so happy that they were able to find something that worked for you. I can't even begin to imagine doing all that you do on a regular basis with that type of pain. You really are a superwoman!

Melinda said...

So glad you've been able to say goodbye to the pain. Sorry about the not so fun side effect, but worth it to be out of pain, huh.

Queen 'Bina said...

Nice. You are so funny! I've been wondering about your icepick lately, as I've had one of my own. But mine is due to all the changing hormones and whatnot. I'm glad you're finally feeling better. As for the weight gain- you're still beautiful to me :-) And I dare say John still enjoys looking at you, too.
Beauty can't be defined in your dress size and good health is not always defined by your scale.
Congrats, friend.

dlkenney said...

Wow, I am glad to see you can find humor in all things. Congrats on the pain free moments, I hope it continues well beyond september.

Ali said...

Yay!!! I can only imagine the relief you are feeling. So happy for you.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

You would have had me going with the pregnancy thing if you hadn't told me ahead of time about your sneaky plan!!! I am so glad you are pain free. The things we take for granted, huh? Keep it up!!

Sariah said...

Mwa ha ha ha haaaaa!!!

Sharon said...

YOu butt! So glad you're pain free though!!!!