The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

So today being one of my favorite holidays of the year...yes it is a holiday! Better than most! I loved growing up and all the fun crazy harmless things my mom helped us do for others to celebrate. We put cars and houses up for sale, put someone else's number on all the signs. We put BYU Fan signs on Ute fan houses and vise versa. All our pranks were what you would term harmless but it was so much fun. One year she made chocolate dipped fruit for us, only to find out it was chocolate dipped Styrofoam. Seriously I have many memories of April Fools day I can't even recount. Now that my kids are getting older we are starting to incorporate a little more of it into our lives. This year I had big plans but my head did not agree, so last night Matthew and I stayed up late and made a great lunch for the family. Let's just remember the 12 year old boy got to help which is why it's a little halloween as much as april fools day. He labeled every bag so people would know what they were getting. Start off the meal with some eye balls (peeled grapes or kumquats), then broken bones (dried apple slices), blood to drink (caprisun), inside out sandwich, made by two pieces of ham, a piece of cheese then a piece of bread then a piece of cheese and followed at the other end with two pieces of ham. To top the meal off a bowl of dirt and worms. (chocolate pudding with crushed up oreos and gummy worms coming out the top.) It wasn't much but it was a fun start to do something this year for April Fool's, now watch out for next year!

1 comment:

Leefamlee Treasures said...

I LOVE the ideas - can't wait til next year! I already have it planned - chocolate covered styrofoam!!!