It’s a terrible horrible no good very bad day! It’s about Alexander who is having a terrible day and as the day goes on it just seems to get worse. He speculates that maybe he should go to Australia in the book. In the end the answer is some days are just like that….so here is my day…
I woke up this morning after being in so much pain through the night that I couldn’t fall asleep until after 3 am. Then kids woke me up having run out of powdered milk and oatmeal and brown sugar. In making lunches there was fighting over who got the cold leftover chicken nuggets in their lunch and who had to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Kids out the door, now to get a shower through the blinding pain in my head…oh did I not mention I have been to the hospital and had this blinding pain in my head for 14 days today. They can’t find a reason or a way to stop it. Anyway, Ellie wakes up crying poopy, bloody bum, so time to bathe her instead of taking my shower. She hates a bath and screams like I’m breaking her arm to wash her. Again not helping the blinding headache! Several phone calls from people checking on me or me trying to get a couple things done I haven’t gotten done since I’ve been in so much pain lately. Oh crap, Matthew’s eye apt is in 30 min and I’m not dressed. It take 15 min to get to the school and 20 min to get to his apt from there. Again forgot to mention this is the apt I rescheduled from Wed because went to go to the apt on wed and the car wouldn’t start and I had to reschedule it. So frantically trying to put clothes and such on, on goes the bra and snap, the hooks break on my bra. All the rest I just efficiently started in a load of wash 10 min prior confirming they are sudsy and wet and not able to be worn. So it’s only 70 outside nothing wrong with a big bulky sweater?
Out the door I fly. Buckle ellie in her carseat and then she starts to grunt. Great I don’t have time for another poopy diaper. Gotta grab diaper and wipes. Turn the key and NOTHING!!! Car won’t start again. Can I cancel the same apt for the same reason in one week without looking like a freak? I go with no. So I burst into tears and call my wonderful amazing friend and say, can I borrow your car to run him….right now? Sure, come right over. I take the precious time to hook the van battery to the charger in that time another friend stops by to see if I needed anything bawling to her about what happened and she takes her bra off and gives it to me. Then I get there and my amazing wonderful friend had car keys for me. Do I have great friends or what? I call John to have him call the school to have him at the office ready for me to pick him up. Get to the school. Nope they won’t call them to gather their stuff from the class and come to the office until I’m standing in the office. So 5 min later he comes to the office and we can leave. I get to the apt only a few minutes late. I send matthew in check himself in since I have to deal with the poopy diaper for Ellie. Do the quick change in the car to add the bra and subtract the sweater and head in. 130.00 dollars later matthew has new glasses. Back to the house to see if the van will start so I can return my friends. Hooray it does. Unload out of one van into the other to take Matthew back to school. “Mom, it was my lunch 20 min ago, can we get something to eat before I go back? Okay, let’s go grab food and stop by and pick up new medicine prescription and such from the doctor then drop you off. Call from John take the car to Big-O and get the battery checked before you have to turn it off again. Unhook battery charger and the hood won't open all the way...or close all the way. Just stuck a few inches open. Drive through for lunch, forgetting to order anything for Ellie. Then over to Big-o where we bought the battery just a year ago.
I explain my tight time schedule as I’m throwing a baby shower at 3 oclock today. They say it should only take a couple minutes the battery is under warranty. Which it is. However, the problem they find is the alternator. They promise they have time and can get it done and get me out in time for the shower. We have now reached Ellie’s nap time which obviously isn’t going to happen. Oh the fun of a tired ornery two year old confined in a big-o tire for not just a few minutes, but a few hours. Go to pay the 450 for the new alternator and oh crap, my credit card expired on 2/10. Now what. Well, let’s hope this other credit card that all this over a thousand dollars of medical bills I’ve had this last two weeks doesn’t go over the limit. What do I do if I can’t pay? I’m stuck in big-o forever! It does go through, phew. Out the door. No time to stop at dr to get new prescription will have to do that after school. Run by house check a couple things, load up car for shower and drop Ellie off to be watched. She falls asleep the 20 or so houses to get there. UGH! Take her in the house and she thinks she has had a complete nap now. Super UGH!
On the way to school, wait forgot the ribbon have to have for the project, back to house to pick it up. Back to school. Matthew has now been checked out from 10:00-3:00 for a 45 min apt. Oh what a great mom I am. He then mentions that he now has to make up three tests that he missed since he was gone so long which means three days next week I get to drive him to school 30 min before any of the other kids. Into the school. Reign in 25 2nd graders super excited that their teacher is having a baby, feed them cupcakes and juice boxes, try to have them do two crafts and watch the teacher open presents...not helping the intense pain in my head. Finally it’s over, get the kids loaded in the car and drive them home to pick up Ellie, drop off Rachel at friends house, drop off carpool kid at his house, drop off Harrison and Ellie at park and get friends to watch them so I can run out to doc office to get prescription before they close. It’s now 4:05 and they close at 5. I’ll be fine. Call on cell phone, it’s eye dr and my glasses have come in. Have to pick them up by 5 also or wait until Monday. Need them to see if they help the horrible pain in my head. Dr office is 20 min away can I do it? So off we run to grab the prescription, make it in time, then run to eye dr to get my glasses. Check. Back to check on my kids and pretend that I want to sit in the sun at the park and visit not crawl in a hole in the dark and hide. Nice break by talking to mom. 6 oclock comes and 7 extra kids enter my house until 11 pm. One of which is a teething baby. John swore he’d be home by 6 to take care of all the kids for me and help matthew build a circuit board, feed all the kids. He got home not long after 6, sent matthew into heat up leftovers and talked to his mom on the phone getting some bad news about his brother, while I held fussy baby outside and had tired Ellie try not be jealous of the attention I’m giving him. Finally 7:30 hits…long, long hour and a half and I can put baby to bed and be done with kids. Except all the not so quiet play upstairs and an Ellie who just wants me to read to her and wanting to type this all before I block it from my memory.
Now, off to pull 20 pictures that aren’t edited for my class tomorrow and print reports for bountiful baskets at 5:30 am and then off to pretend to sleep through the pain until it all starts over again tomorrow.
My mom says some days are just like that, even in Australia.
No comments:
Post a Comment