A little while back I wrote about the physical pain I have been going through, as far as an update, no they don't know what it is an nothing medicinally or homeopathy have worked or we feel comfortable doing as we don't feel they are the right thing when we listen to the spirit and my body and what it's saying to me. So, thanks for all the advice but for now we are just going to continue through the medical field to look for the why of the pain not the how to fix it. Pain is what it is and I'll just live until they figure it out. So for what it's worth that's where we are at and will likely be at for a while. If the pain stops or something works I'll tell you but that's my update for now.
What I'd love is just to have a name for it. Now I know from the title I'm saying I don't need a cure...don't get me wrong I want a cure, I pray for a cure, we have spent a small fortune in the last little bit looking for a cure, but right now I'll just settle for a name to call this. See all we know is what it's not. I talked about that some before in the other post so I won't go into all of that. But I also don't want to call it a migraine anymore. It's just not "right" for what it is. See, a migraine is a pain caused by "triggers" which can be anything from food to light to sleep patterns etc that cause an extreme level of pain in your head that medicine, chiropractic care, massage therapy, plate shifting and acupuncture to name a few can make go away until you trigger it again.
That's just not what this is. This is an ice pick of pain from one corner of my head in a straight diagonal line of pain to the bottom of my head. It litterally does not stop. It doesn't come and go, I can't sleep through the pain unless on something to make my body sleep and then still doesn't always work. Took something about 6 hours ago to make me fall asleep and I'm still awake it hurt so bad. After hours of crying in bed I decided to write it out since sleep wasn't going to happen anyway. Nothing listed in above paragraph even gives it a slight lessoning of pain except medicine which is obsure medicines not pain medicines causing my nerves to do something else. For example, an anti seizure medicine takes away the pain for about 18-20 hours causing me to sleep for 18-20 hours. Then I wait in pain for four more hours to take it again repeating the cycle. Not a way I can live and be a mom. An anti nausia medicine causes me to sleep for 4-6 hours through the pain. Pain medicine, doesn't do anything but make me sick to my stomache.
So, now that I need to rule out calling it a migraine which has solutions I need some great amazing name to call it until the doctors find one to call it that will sum up the level of extreme pain with no relief centered in a line in my brain. Come on all you readers out there who made it to this point in the blog we've got to come up with something. Right now I'm leaning toward "Alexander Syndrome" but I haven't reasearched it to see if that is something that really exists so I can't use it since I seem to be having days like "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" while in the is pain. But that's a whole nother post that I may or may not post about.
I'll make something crafy or fun for someone who'll name it for me!
1 comment:
I'm sure you've probably had these ruled out already but I found this blog http://allodynia.blogspot.com/, and a few things that sound similar to what your going through...Occipital neuralgia or Myofascial pain syndrome. You can google them. Maybe you could call it one of those until it's diagnosed?
Post a Comment