
Today was one of those huge moments in our life as parents. To share in the day when our daughter Rachel made the choice to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know a lot of people just expect their children to, and I know we all hope and pray our children will make choices that we feel are best for them and follow what we believe to be a good example. But when it does happen, I still feel so immensely blessed. I'm not naivete enough to believe that just because I want certain things for my kids and I feel it's best for them that that they are going to choose it. So today was a day I felt blessed that she felt like it would be a good thing, a great benefit in her life to make the choice to be baptized. I love my daughter to matter what her choices are but I'm so happy with the choice she made today. We took a few pictures yesterday at the temple of her in her new white baptism dress. I still need to edit them and such but wanted to put this post up before life got busy so here are a few pictures for now raw out of the camera of just how beautiful my daughter is, inside and out on her baptism day. Really I will get the other pictures edited and posted soon. I can't say it enough how proud of her I am! I love my sweet Rachel Roo!!!


My mom graciously did her hair. I still haven't learned to french braid. It was just another one of many reasons why I was so happy to have my mom here with me on this big day. Just to know someone had my back and could get those things done that I wasn't going to get to.

My mom, Grandma Heidi and Rachel.

I love that I married a man who holds his priesthood responsibilities so high that he can perform these great ordinances in my children's lives.

At the end of the baptism they have the mom's bear their testimonies to their child who was baptized. It was not the easiest thing to do, but I hope she felt the love I have from her as I shared a little of what I believe and is so close to my heart.

I'm glad we took most of the pictures before the baptism because by the time it ended the wind had really picked up, as you can see in this picture, and we only snapped a group shot of the family who was there and one of Rachel before we rushed home to regular life.

I love you my beautiful Rachel. I will really post the great pictures from the temple as soon as I get them edited!
2 comments:
She is a very beautiful girl. We too are proud of her decision. She has great examples for parents. What a great day for your family.
Congrats Rachel ... what a very special day in your life.
Post a Comment