So this is my medical update on myself. So many people are asking and many knew today was the day I went to the doctors to hear about the MRI and such so I thought I'd just put a post up here of my update and figured you could feel free to spread the word to those who asked and I wouldn't have to tell the same thing so many times.
So, John and I went to see the Neurologist today. MRI was clean and good. No tumors, no stroke, no blood clot. No visible reason for this ice pick headache. We are to the point in all of this that over half of what she said today I'm not sure I even comprehended. She is an incredibly brilliant woman who can't talk as fast as her brain thinks. You add to that, the level of her vocabulary and then throw in the slowness of my brain right now and all I can tell you is very simple. They did a steroid injection into the area around my occipital nerve on my head. That hurt!!! That was super weird pain as it would shoot up through my head in different ways. That's all good and what it's supposed to do she assured me.
Then we are trying me on oral steroids for a little bit to see if the combination of the two help. Don't ask me how they are supposed to help, I'm so past confused on which method helped which thing she was trying. All I know is she warned me that these could make me agitated. So if I snap at you assume it's the meds or the pain, not personal. These are the first two and we'll try this for a week. If there is not change by next Friday we'll start me on another medicine and try that for a week.
She kept reassuring me that it's more common to not see something visible on the MRI and ultrasound than it is to find something obvious so I'm praying whatever this is they can just figure out something that will work. For now, we just wait it out.
1 comment:
I so hope the treatment works. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Post a Comment