The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Harrison's team took 2nd place in the San Tan Holiday Classic!
Harrison was asked by the coach Matthew had last year who we loved if he could play on their team for a tournament in Dec. He was so excited! We love the coach, he gets to play, and the team he is playing with is a year older than him so it did a lot for his self esteem to be wanted by them.
We spent the entire weekend there at the soccer fields. I am now a board member for San Tan Soccer so I had to be at the fields where Harrison played all evening Friday night and all day on Saturday. It was crazy and busy but we had fun. Harrison just hung out with me the entire time. He was a great kid who didn't complain even when it was freezing cold! Yes, anything below 70 is freezing!! Matthew ended up being asked to play also but he was at different fields than where I was so there are no pictures of him playing. To give John credit didn't get any pictures of the first few games Harrison played in either at the tournament, only the championship game. Which you can tell by this picture it poured in! The boys had so much fun playing in the rain. Of course it was the only game they wore their white uniforms in. In the end they came in second place but they had a blast!
Harrison loved getting the metal around his neck! It is his first time with something like that and he loved it!
Our taking a year off from competitive soccer has now come to an end. Both boys will finish out the year (2009-2010 soccer year) playing on the teams they played with this weekend. I'm not sad. I've missed this so much and so have they!
No comments:
Post a Comment