The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chandler Parade of Lights

For the last few years we have participated with San Tan Legacy soccer to walk in the chandler parade of lights. It is a lot of fun...well depending on who you ask. But I do look forward to it each year. We have really enjoyed the time we spend with friends as we do this. This year Harrison was asked to walk too not just Matthew.

So we went to a fun BBQ to kick off the parade with friends then off to stand and wait around for the parade. I received the great "opportunity" to walk with the boys this year as I'm now a board member. So I got to stand around and wait in the Arizona cold for our turn to walk in the parade. Meanwhile John got the fun opportunity to save a good spot to watch the parade with both girls.

Only Rachel stayed awake bundled up to wait for the parade

both John and ellie got a nap...gotta love a dad who watches the girls so closely. But Rachel loved the parade and make sure John woke up in time to take lots of pictures...here's a couple of the best ones!

Ellie woke up before it ended and enjoyed it.

Matthew has requested to see the parade next year as he's never seen it, always walked in it.

Luckily it's not for another year so we can all forget how cold we all are before we do it again.

No comments: