The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, November 9, 2009

My funny Ellie girl

It seems many of my posts are about her these days. She is so cute and brings such a joy to our eyes even if she is a pouty little girl. She has this terrible two thing down so well! This is what she does during the boys soccer games. First I want to give an amazing shoutout to my wonderful neighbors who gave her this adorable Halloween outfit! Isn't it sooo cute! Anyway, she loves to steal my phone and talk to whoever she can. She says, "Ummmmmmmmmmm, BuBye!" That's it each and every time. It just makes us laugh. She'll do it like 30 times in a row. It just cracks me up. She is such a funny girl! She loves the phone and loves the cute Ellie girl on the phone. I love this girl and the way about her. She is adorable.

Now, onto other things not pertaining to my adorable girl. I have just gotten a new calling. I'm excited and nervous all in one about the change. I still get to go to RS so mostly I'm just relieved. I am now the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator, or whatever you want to call it now. You know the leader in charge of the meetings formerly known as Enrichment. I really want to find ways to help bring our ward together and feel more apart of things. Lately it has seemed that it's the same handful of people who attend meetings no matter what they are. I really want to figure out how to get the rest of the sisters to want to attend so the unity can build as a ward. I don't know how to do this, I don't question that it's what each leader before me has wanted, I don't know that anything I could do will help with it, but now that the responsibility is on my shoulders I feel a greater need to do this. So, if anyone has hints of things that have worked for their wards I'd love to hear it. Right now my only thoughts are sometimes doing things differently can help, so if you are in the ward don't be offended if I do things differently from how they've been done before. I really want to feel like what I'm doing is making a difference in someone's life. I loved my last calling for that reason. I really felt I was there for those in the ward when they needed someone. Some I was able to help more as a compassionate service leader than others. It's not to say that there were likely many that I let down, as I'm as imperfect if not more than every other person in the ward. But I loved the amount of serving I got to do in the last calling. I want to really jump into this calling and find ways to serve the sisters in my ward with it. I'm just not sure how yet. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon huh? So that is my fun new rantings about my new calling. Wish me luck!

No comments: